Anyway, the weekend started out with Brian playing poker with some of his buddies from work, and bringing home the 2nd place prize! ($30... whoo hoo!) He's been playing quite a bit with some of our neighbors, but he usually loses all his chips early and finishes the night observing. Oh yeah, they also played Rockband like a bunch of children afterwards.
Friday morning, I went shopping with some ladies at a local market in a town called Scordia. I must say, it's my favorite market so far! We had some Italian pastries for breakfast (specifically a Sicilian gelato sandwich, Gelato-brioche... yum-O!!), and bought some fresh produce. The markets can get pretty busy, and intimidating, but this one was fairly spacious, which made it easier to get around. Afterwards, Brian and I spent the rest of the day relaxing, or least trying to :)
We spent Saturday evening over at the other housing community with some of Brian's co-workers and their families. I don't know why, but Rockband always seems to end up being the life of the party. Actually, I love it, but I won't admit to anyone ;) After such a long day though, I was exhausted. Sunday, we had a barbeque at Brian's boss' house out in town. The weather was great, and Bella got herself a little tan. It's pretty nice right now, but in the summers, we hear it gets pretty hot - Africa hot!!
2 comments:
Great photo's! We miss you guys...6 more weeks and Bella will have her first Pen-Pal. See you in AUGUST!!
Beautiful pics. Italy looks amazing. Can't wait to visit next year. Miss you guys and can't wait to see you next week.
Post a Comment