Sunday, July 13, 2008

Isn't she lovely...

Some of you may have noticed the little slideshow on the sidebar. I used MyPhotoAlbum.com to build it, and I must say, I did a pretty fine job. Now you don't have to, but it adds to the experience if you hit the play button on the little player above - it's pretty self-explanatory, but if you read below, you can see why I added it.

It's been a few weeks now without my ladies, and I'm starting to get a little sappy. Not getting to see them all the time pretty much sucks. Thank goodness for the internet and webcams. If it wasn't for Yahoo! Messenger, I'd probably go crazy with Bella withdrawal (I miss Nancy too, but she's not growing and learning new words everyday). We get on the webcam every few days or so, and I get to see my little Bellarina and her mommy, but it's really not the same as having them at home.

So, the other night, Coby and I (at least I'm not home alone) were looking over some family pictures. I know Nancy's probably going to build a photo album of Isabella's first year, but I decided to go ahead and build one myself. I had some free time on my hands between the Rockband and Tiger Woods golf on my Playstation - weekends as a bachelor aren't quite the same anymore.

For the Stevie Wonder song, I fell in love with it a while ago, but definitely not for the reasons why I like it now. It had a catchy tune, and oddly enough, I like the little harmonica piece. Well, going back to when we found out we were having a girl, I had a million thoughts running through my mind of how I was going to be as a dad. I pictured all the things fathers and daughters do. This may seem a bit corny, but I even pictured Bella getting married and having the Father-Daughter dance. During one of my more productive days at work, I decided to look up different songs for that very occasion, and lo and behold, they actually have websites for this. This song just happened to be on all the lists, and looking a little further into it, it has great lyrics and it celebrates the birth of his daughter. When the time comes, I will totally leave the decision up to her, but I'll definitely have a recommendation should she ask. Anyways, when I see any pictures of my little princess, I always hear "Isn't She Lovely" play in my head. So go ahead and hit the play button, and you may just get a glimpse of how I feel everytime I see my baby girl. Enjoy!

For my baby and my baby's mama - I love you guys and can't wait to see you ;)

1 comment:

The Fichters said...

Bella and i miss you so much, babe, and we can't wait to see you, hopefully, at the end of the month. I love the post - you are the best dad in the world!

All our love,
Bella and her mommy :)